Monday, June 1, 2009

quick update - cabs & butler pantry

Nothing new has been completed, but work is going on. So I'm posting some pics to prove it.
Nam and I put 6 of the cabinet frames together this weekend and we worked on the butler pantry (we're calling the new wall with the refrigerator and 6 feet of cabinets next to it - the 'butler pantry'). The plan, in my head, has been to use plywood for the butler pantry - to build around the refrigerator and behind the base cabinets next to it. Looking at the plywood this weekend though, we weren't really excited about it. A fresh stack of OSB did catch our eyes though, so we brought a piece home to try it out. We thought it worked pretty well for our industrial'ish apartment.

Anyways, to make a long story short, we started building out the butler pantry w/ OSB (oriented strand board), and now I'm having second thoughts. I'm posting a few pictures while I think about, so please let me know what you think. And a few shots of the cabinet progress too. Holla.




Remember my rendering...? not bad eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment